Translate

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

random post #1 -- talking to my grandfather last night


My mother is very into voting, and says that every number counts.  Last night, my grandfather was over, and the topic of voting came up.  He asked me if I was going to vote, and if I was registered.  My answers were both yes. 
Previously, my answer would have been, yes I am registered to vote, and no I do not know who to vote for so I am not going to.  This class has changed my thoughts completely.  I will definitely vote in November. 
Anyways, my papa said that he was a republican, and it only made sense to vote for Romney.  This is where I told him that Romney would not be a good choice, and that is Romney won, it wouldn’t be a happy place for women anymore.  He did not really listen to me and seemed too stubborn.  I could not let him vote for Romney.  I see myself trying to change everyone’s opinion on the election.
I wont give up on trying to change my grandfathers vote :p

something to bring up in class:
who would YOU vote for? and why?

1 comment:

  1. Trying to convert someone to vote in your favor is tough. However, it is doable. My friend is convinced on voting for Romney and I'm for Obama, I personally won't try to convince him to vote for Obama, but good luck with your Grandfather.

    ReplyDelete